Saturday, March 3, 2012

Île Saint-Louis


One of my favorite places in Paris, the Île Saint-Louis is one of the two islands that the Seine forms (the other is Île de la Cité). In recent years, the island has become quite touristy, but I have always thought of it as a quaint neighborhood. You do not have to spend a lot of time here, but it’s worth walking around the streets a bit and maybe popping into some of the shops. I do suggest, however, making time for brunch or lunch at Au Lys d'Argent, a crêperie. My parents have been to this restaurant four times and I have been three times. You can expect the same friendly, accommodating owner and an exceptional meal every time. Also, Maison Berthillon, an ice cream shop, is very popular. I believe that they have locations around Paris, but the one in the Île Saint-Louis is the flagship.

Au Lys d'Argent
90 Rue Saint Louis en l'Île

Maison Berthillon
29-31 Ruse Saint Louis en L'Île

No comments:

Post a Comment